Saturday, 6 March 2010

Goodbyes

This morning I took my last class at Vina. I will miss this place. It has been my home for a week, and has been wonderfully relaxing post-terremoto.

Like the last couple of days, class was busy, and tough in parts. Vivi has a great teaching style; relaxed and cracking jokes with students. She can also be tough when needed though. I saw her tell a guy off for trying to leave the room yesterday :)

I made it through the last six days (and six classes) not drinking in class from the start of Pranayama to the end of Khapavati. There were only two points when I wanted it. Sometime after rabbit the last two days. I resisted though, and the 'want' went away.

An observation about Vina studio. The ceiling is really great for Bikram. It is white with tiny scattered black dots all over it. They may be in some kind of pattern, but it looks quite random. The dots are so tiny they look a little like woodworm, but they aren't! It was so perfect for meditating when lying face-up in Savasana. The best ceiling ever! I would pick a dot and just focus on that during each Savasana. That definitely helped with the focus this week.

Vina and it's students are going to be missed by me. The atmosphere at the studio is very chilled out, and people are friendly. One guy is going to Teacher Training. I found out today that he and Vivi have been doing double classes every day for the last two months so he can prepare! Now I feel bad as mid-week I said I wanted to do a second class, and then the last three days one class was enough for me, so every day I said I was too tired to do another. After hearing he had been doing doubles for that last two months I have no sympathy for myself!

We just arrived back in Santiago, and are staying one night until our flight to Bogota, Colombia tomorrow. I saw a while ago that a studio in Bogota would open this month, but have not been able to find any information since. Javier is going to look into it, as he may know someone who knows something about it. Fingers crossed!...

No comments: