I feel GOOD today! Had a good strong class at 4pm. Tired before class, and my sore throat has turned into an infection, I think...but all this forgotten about as soon as I got to class. Still not pushing deeply into postures, and having a mental thing with Standing Head to Knee, but the class was strong nonetheless. Got a fabulous back stretch from the teacher (the one from Day 1) in half tortoise, which gave me so much energy, and I finished on a high. I'm loving her classes at the moment-she brings energy and enthusiasm to the class. Will have to try to make more of them.
Also, my throat feels better now, after class. I'm really hoping that all these illnesses/injuries that seemed to come along as soon as I started the challenge subside and leave me to enjoy the challenge in peace! My Mum even sent me an email today, telling me her Sports Injuries book said the best thing for my rib injury was rest (sure, that probably would have been my approach if it had happened BEFORE the start of 30 Days).
When I give these things a second thought, they seem like obstacles willing me to stop. But I haven't even been tempted to give it up yet, and I'm nearly halfway through now. I think once you get to halfway there's no turning back! In the yoga room, I forget that I'm injured, or sick, and I can just focus on the yoga.
Today I felt calm, focused, and peaceful against the heat of the room, and that is how you SHOULD feel doing yoga. I want to make it to the end, and just hoping that nothing bigger gets in my way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment