Saturday, 8 August 2009

Day 15

It should have been a good class, but I'd had a bad day and found it hard to focus. I started off ok, but concentration got harder as the class progressed. Aside from being a stressful last few days at work, a colleague did something malicious towards me that I found out about at the end of today.

"If you let people steal your peace then you're the loser"...I had this mantra running through my head for much of the class. I should have been using it to meditate, but it was actually a distraction because I was upset. I wasn't mentally focused.

Physically the class was probably fine. But today I could not become detached from these negative events or emotions. The event was too fresh in mind today, so I couldn't turn it off. I can normally walk into a class, and whatever bad thing has happenned, my outlook will have changed by the end of class, and I'll feel completely differently about it. Not today though.

Ideally, things like that would not affect me in the first place. That's what I need to work on.

No comments: