Today could have gone so wrong, but it turned out well. I won't go into the stress at work except to say I swapped with a colleague to cover her early shift. I had a 6am start so I could make the 4pm yoga class with Sam, but it didn't quite work out that way. I ended up having to deal with a client situation that my boss was treating as doubly important than it really was. Annoying and quite stressful, and meant I missed leaving on time for my class and then had to hang around later than I wanted to.
I made it to Sam's next class though. Wasn't too sure how it would turn out. It could have gone wrong. Maybe I wouldn't be able to keep my thoughts off work. But as soon as the class started I was totally loving it. I went fully into each posture, even Half Moon, which I haven't done since my injury. I started off strong, and by Eagle I could feel the energy running through me. My heart was pumping all through the balancing series, but I was so focused on my breathing that I didn't get tired. By the time it came to the sit ups, I had more and more energy. I felt good in every single posture.
It was the most awesome class, and it's been a while since I had a class that great. I'm meant to get up early for another early shift tomorrow, but don't quite know if I'll be able to sleep for a while. I've noticed though that this week I've naturally been waking up a bit earlier, which doesn't normally happen. A benefit of the challenge, I hope. If it carries on like this I may even be tempted to stick with a daily practice after challenge is over..:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment