I must admit that it was hard to get up today, when two of my alarms rang at 6am. I'm out of practise getting up for the 6.45 classes. Used to be a regular at them, but these days I like my sleep too much, and often when I have the intention to make them, I end up switching my alarm off and having one more hour of wondeful sleep. This morning, I toyed with the idea of calling in sick to work as my throat was still quite sore, but eventually dragged myself out of bed and to yoga, as I was already awake anyway.
A friend said to me today that after day 10 it's meant to get easier. It's true that I've been enjoying my classes more since day 10. The class today was led by a teacher that I probably find the least inspiring of all my regular teachers. Sometimes in his classes I find it hard to focus. His dialogue doesn't flow that well, and sometimes seems a little all over the place, and although I think he is passionate about the yoga, I don't think it comes across very well when he teaches. I've overheard a lot of people saying that they dislike his class, and many go as far to avoid it.
I think my best classes are those where I can feel the teacher's passion for this yoga, and for helping the students to improve. Hearing that passion in a teacher's voice inspires me. I suspect it also improves my performance in class, and gives me more energy after. I'm lucky to have a bunch of teachers that I completely adore for that reason. Teachers that have inspired me to want to teach myself.
Still I had a good class considering I had just woken up, and as usual, was less flexible at that time. While I love classes with inspiring teachers, I can tune out when it's a teacher that doesn't fall into that category for me. I can't afford to be choosy about whose classes I go to during the challenge. The most important thing is just commiting to a daily practise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment