These two days emphasised to me that every class is different. Same teacher (Raj), same room, approximately same time (they started an hour apart-5pm and 6pm respectively) but totally different experiences in every respect.
One was a relatively nice easy temperature, with lots of air in the room. My day had been pretty relaxed, and I had a nice easy class. Held the balancing postures well (I often use that as a marker for how I was feeling in the class. If I fall out a lot, it's often because my mind won't stay still, or because the class is more physically demanding in the scale of things), and I had a lot of energy throughout class.
The second was hotter, more humid, more challenging all round. The second I walked in I saw the extreme sweat dripping off people, and the exhausted look on everyone's faces. Also, 80% of the class was still on the floor, and by the time the second class is allowed in, it's normally less than half. Myself already being pretty drained from my day, and lack of sleep the night before, I immediately took a spot by the door, hoping to catch a breath of fresh air if the teacher happenned to open the door today. Not that it even makes much of a difference on a day like that, as wherever you go it will be demanding, but I wanted to give myself a chance of making it all the way through class, and it was clear that many in the class just previous hadn't!
Well it was as I expected. It was 95% humidity in London yesterday, and the class could feel it. Physically challenging, so I had to focus on the breath continuously to keep going. By the end I felt wiped out, but I did manage to do the entire class, although I definitely felt like sitting down at a few points. It felt good to get through the class on a day like that.
I'm drinking so much water at the moment. I've gone up from about 3 litres a day, to 5, just in the last week. I'm always hydrated to the max before class, but the last few days I've been coming out of class and sometimes drinking another 2 litres of a mix of coconut water and plain water. It seems like a ridiculous amount, but I feel like my body needs it.
...and now just 2 more days left in the challenge! I've slipped into the routine of waking at 6am, work or yoga, then the other of the two, then home to bed. Routines always make life go fast for me.
I have to admit I AM looking forward to not having the obligation to go every day, however I think I will continue to go every day, or almost every day, as the benefits I have felt are well worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment