Saturday, 15 August 2009

Day 23

I'm excited today! I've been waiting for this for a few weeks, and now Craig Villani is here in London and I'm going to his masterclass! I booked it a while ago, but then found out that because it's at another studio it doesn't count in the challenge, and that I'd have to do two classes. It wasn't really how I planned it, but I didn't mind considering the last few days I hadn't really done the entire class, and I was EXCITED.

So I went to the 11am this morning, after not getting up in enough time to make the 9am. I wanted a big gap between them so I have enough energy for the masterclass! We don't normally get the opportunity to practise with teachers from LA in London, so I want to make the most of it.

I had a nice class. Didn't push too hard. Had my best balancing series in a LONG time. I normally fall out at some stage-normally either coming out of head to knee in SFTK, or in Standing Bow, but I went into my deepest point in each posture, and was able to hold it for the whole time! This is unusual for me so I was very happy for the whole class.

I've just been chilling out for the rest of the day, and will be getting on a tube south soon to pay a visit to one of my old home studios in the South of London. I know there will be some people I know there, and really looking forward to being taught by Craig :)

2 comments:

thedancingj said...

Hi Shabs! Wheee, great blog! I've just caught up with you here (little bedtime reading) and you seem to be doing GREAT. Hope you have so much fun with Craig tomorrow!! He's a great guy.

Shabs said...

Well I love your blog too so that is a big compliment-thank you!! :)

I had sooo much fun with Craig. It was the most amazing class and I wish I could take his classes more often. If you get to do that in LA then I am very jealous :) He is such a great teacher, and hugely inspiring too.