I have to admit that today's 6pm was tough. Really tough. Having charged to the studio on foot through the city, I never quite mustured up enough energy for class. I felt good going in, and was really ready for a good 90 minutes. Looking forward to it. But I never quite managed to have the great class I wanted.
Having already called to book in, I went to the front of the queue. I forgot my water bottle, and realised too late. But that's cool. I went through a period at the start of summer where I wasn't drinking water in Beginners class. I'd picked up the habit again after London had started to get incredibly humid this Summer, as it had been for the last 6-8 weeks. I do like going through a class without water. It's one less distraction, and it's also beneficial physically to avoid having water in the stomach for most of the postures.
Having no water didn't bother me, but at the start of Half Moon I realised my whole body felt stiff and tired. I think at some point in the beginning of the series I wasn't breathing enough, and I started feeling lightheaded in the balancing series. I hadn't felt quite like this in a class throughout the whole challenge. I pushed on, and managed everything up to the second set of Floor Bow, at which point I sat out one set of probably half the postures from there.
It was super-hot, as it always is with this teacher, and I'm sorry to say that for the first time in the challenge, I just felt like part of me couldn't be bothered. I think it was the combination of tiredness, stiff muscles, and some mental stuff I had going on from my day in the office, that I couldn't switch off. I'm not very happy with the class turning out this way, especially as yesterday also didn't turn out to be a full class. But ah well...there's always tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't say how many times I've gotten the opposite of what I expected in class. Go in feeling great and get beat up. Go in feeling wiped out and have an amazing class. It happens all the time.
Absolutely! I had another one like that today, although for different reasons. It's impossible to predict how you will feel at the end, no matter how you feel at the start.
Post a Comment